Work by NASA proposed that Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs) had potential benefits in the medical community. Using this knowledge coupled with the understanding of how light interacts with the body this new LED devices came on the market, finally.
Blue light – kills acne bacteria
Red light – stimulates collagen formation and has anti-inflammatory effects
Overview: LED light skin tightening
What can I expect from LED light treatments?
It depends on the specific condition of the skin you need to treat.
1. Skin rejuvenation tightening treatments using red and near infrared light will have a significant effect on your periorbital wrinkles. First it will help to reduce the pore size, second improve your skin tone and texture, and give a vibrant, healthier-looking skin.
2. Combining blue and red helps remove the bacteria. These cause the redness and inflammation of acne and pimples. The blue light is helping to minimize the redness of your acne lesions. Furthermore, the red light is promoting healing of your skin. Therefore giving you clearer and healthier skin.
Advantages of LED light
- stimulates the body’s own cellular mechanisms by photomodulation
- not a laser – hence no heat, therefore no side effects or downtime
- non-invasive, non-ablative safe therapy
- no damage to sub-dermal tissue
- relaxing and calming experience
- compatible with existing skin rejuvenation techniques, such as Botulinum toxin, IPLs, laser resurfacing and cosmetic surgery such as blepharoplasty and breast reduction and augmentation
- this allows treatment of large areas, such as the face or chest
- simple to operate
Collagen stimulation treatment
Red light (each 15 min)
6x subscription – 450CHF
If you would like to learn more about the Cosmetic Treatment at our Zurich clinic to enhance your skin health and appearance, request a consultation with Dr. Liv Kraemer. Best start with a skin analysis appointment as you maybe do not need a cosmetic treatment. You rather need a great skincare regime for your skin. Make an online appointment. You can call us 044 211 88 11 during our phone-hours to schedule your appointment.
Medical studies for collagen light therapy
Bhat J, Birch J, Whitehurst C and Lanigan SW. A Single-Blinded Randomized Controlled Study to Determine the Efficacy of Omnilux Revive Facial Treatment in Skin Rejuvenation. Lasers in Medical Science. 2005; 20: 6-10
Russell BA, Kellett N and Reilly LR. A study to determine the efficacy of combination LED light therapy (830 nm and 633 nm) in facial skin rejuvenation. Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy. 2005; 7:196-200