Do you want tighter skin? Without surgery or other things? Just an improvement of collagen in a natural way? Or just improve your acne scars?
Radiofrequence energy (RF) has been used in the medical field since decades. RF is not like a laser, which is affected by skin color. It is energy delivered deep into the skin without destroying the skin surface. It is stimulating collagen growth in the depth.
Using radiofrequency normally treats the skin from the outside in. Microneedling with radiofrequency uses flow needle technology to deliver RF where it needs to be – in the depth of the skin, into the second layer, the so-called dermis. This second layer contains collagen – the supporting structure of the skin. By delivering heat energy from radiofrequency to this layer, this method encourages collagen growth and tissue tightening precisely at predetermined depths in the skin.
There is little to no downtime, the procedure is nearly painless. It greatly improves wrinkling, scars, and skin laxity.
What is microneedling radiofrequency?
The concept behind this technology is quiet simple.
Using tiny microneedles poked directly into the skin at a certain depth, radiofrequency energy is then released into the skin. This stimulates the collagen cascade to break, thus new collagen fibers are produced. We talk about a mechanism of natural recovery. Here are the main advantages:
- Improving superficial fine lines and wrinkles of the face, eyes, neck.
- Improving the elasticity of aged and solar damage “thin” skin.
- Treating scars of all types but particularly acne scars. It has a great advantage over laser for darker skin types.
- Tightening loose skin on all parts of the body including: arms, chest, knees, and abdomen. There are no limitations as to where the skin can treated on the body.
- Potentially a treatment for acne scars.
- No exclusion of patients based on skin type with almost no risk of hyperpigmentation.
- Downtime is limited to about 2 -(4) days of sunburn-like sensation and slight redness, sandlike feeling of the skin.
- perfect for acne scars
- against active inflammatory acne
- excessive sebum secretion
- large pores
- photoaged skin
- skin laxity
- skin rejuvenation
- skin tightening and lifting
After the microneedling procedure
Some redness and swelling may occur immediately up to 24 hours after the treatment. Massage, exercise and excessive sun exposure should be avoided at this time. Moisturizers and broad spectrum sunscreens are highly recommended during this recovery phase. Aftercare is important and should be followed strictly. Additionally you will not be able to book a micro needling RF appointment without having a skin analysis and proper Skin preparation ahead of the treatment.
If you would like to learn more about the Cosmetic Treatment at our Zurich Clinic to enhance your skin health and appearance, request a consultation with Dr. Liv Kraemer or call us at (044) 211 88 11 during our phone hours to schedule your appointment.
Fractionated microneedle radiofrequency for the treatment of periorbital wrinkles. Kim JK, Roh MR, Park GH, Kim YJ, Jeon IK, Chang SE. J Dermatol. 2013 Mar;40(3):172-6. doi: 10.1111/1346-8138.12046.
Evaluation of the clinical efficacy of fractional radiofrequency microneedle treatment in acne scars and large facial pores. Cho SI, Chung BY, Choi MG, Baek JH, Cho HJ, Park CW, Lee CH, Kim HO. Dermatol Surg. 2012 Jul;38(7 Pt 1):1017-24. doi: 10.1111/j.1524-4725.2012.02402.x
Non-insulated smooth motion, micro-needles RF fractional treatment for wrinkle reduction and lifting of the lower face: International study. Gold M, Taylor M, Rothaus K, Tanaka Y. Lasers Surg Med. 2016 Oct;48(8):727-733. doi: 10.1002/lsm.22546.